Roaches can carry disease. There are close to 30 different varieties including German cockroaches and palmetto bugs. Ajax Exterminating uses only professional grade products in areas kids and pets can’t get to, like under sinks, around pipes, cracks and crevices, and behind appliances. In your home and office, cockroaches are filthy and can be an embarrassing issue to clients or guests. If you see one, odds are you have many more hiding out, a major infestation. We recommend that you don’t leave pet food out overnight to roaches it’s an all night all you can eat buffet. Dispose of trash and clean up any spills or food. Seal gaps around windows, doors, and pipes and don’t keep clutter around the home. Do not keep cardboard boxes for storage, as roaches love to eat cardboard. If you spot roaches in or out of your house, big or small call Ajax today to get the peace of mind you won’t be seeing them for long.
Signs You May Have a Roach Infestation
It is easy to assume that if you see one roach his friends and family are not too far away. But there are also signs you can look for that will signal you may have a roach infestation – even if you’ve never seen the creepy little fellas.
Here’s what to look for:
- Droppings. If you have roaches, there will be droppings. After all, they eat a lot of the stuff which means it needs to come back out once it’s digested. These droppings resemble black pepper or coffee grounds. And if you don’t know what you’re looking for, you can easily dismiss it.
- Smear marks. Sometimes, the feces of a cockroach may be more liquified rather than in a solid form and can leave what appears to be smear marks in certain areas.
- Odors. If the infestation is bad enough, damp, musty odors can be found throughout the home or in areas where they are most active. The worse the infestation, the greater the smell.
- Eggs. Cockroaches leave capsule-like eggs that contain dozens of nymphs. They are often the length of the thumbnail, give or take. If you see these, you want to get rid of them.
Shedding skins. As they grow into adulthood, cockroaches shed their skin several times. If your infestation is bad, you will see them.
- And, beware – if your neighbor is having an issue with roaches, there is a good chance you have them, too. So be on the lookout.
Why Choose Ajax Exterminating for Roach Control?
At Ajax Exterminating, we don’t allow your cockroaches to have a place to hide. Using the best treatments available, we take every step possible to remove your infestation and restore your peace of mind.
We offer emergency pest control by our certified technicians. And, if your pesky roaches come back? So will we – at no charge.
Frequently Asked Questions
What attracts roaches in your home?
Even the cleanest houses can have roach issues – mostly on their search for water. Roaches are attracted to things like garbage, dirty dishes, crumbs, pet food, excess moisture, cardboard, birdbaths, gutters, flower pots, composts, woodpiles, leaky pipes under the sink, etc.
Can cockroaches live in walls?
Yes. Cockroaches make their way into your home through any holes in the wall, flooring, areas around pipes or electrical cables, outlets, and more. They can be in your home a long time before you ever even know they are there.
What is the best way to get rid of roaches?
Call the professionals. There are many DIY methods you can find online for getting a cockroach infestation under control. But, the truth is, if you want to get rid of them once and for all, you need the best treatments available – and the knowledge of where to reach them. And, that only comes with experience and skill.