Spider control is not something you want to attempt alone. Although most common house spiders are harmless, black widow spiders and brown recluse spiders are two common venomous types. Some spiders may be harboring outdoors in piles of firewood and debris, under items lying on the ground or in voids in hollow blocks, while others may live in attics and crawl spaces or other areas throughout the home.
Leave it to our spider control specialists to eliminate spiders from inside and around your house.
Ajax will inspect for spider harborage sites and develop a plan to rid your house of them.
Indoor Tips for Preventing Spider Infestation
- Sweep or vacuum under furniture and in corners frequently. Spiders like to build their webs in places they won’t be disturbed so look for them in places that are hard to reach or not often touched.
- Look for holes in window sills and cracks between the floor and baseboards and seal them. Spiders can find small spaces and make their way into your home through them.
- Remove any boxes and declutter your home of any extra debris. If you are bringing boxes from a storage unit, you’ll want to unpack the boxes outside and make sure there are no spiders in the contents.
- Vacuum inside blinds and behind curtains periodically as spiders like to build webs in these areas. Also, check in recessed light fixtures as it’s a spot they can build without being disturbed.
Outdoor Tips for Preventing Spider Infestation
- Use a broom or water hose to break up webs in eaves and on siding. You may need to use a broom when tearing webs down from brickwork.
- In your attic or shed, reduce the number of boxes as much as you can. Seal them all with strong tape and make sure they don’t have holes in them. If you can, use plastic tubs with lids.
- If you have a wood pile, you’ll want to move it to a location in your yard away from your home. Spiders like to build in piles of debris so remove as much as you can from your property.
Serving Houston, League City, Webster, Dickinson, Seabrook, Kemah, Deer Park, La Porte, Pasadena, Friendswood, Pearland, Galveston, La Marque, Texas City and more!